Biography of George MacFeat
George MacFeat (1872-1960) was a University graduate who contributed to the cost of creating and installing the East windows in the University's Memorial Chapel.
MacFeat studied Medicine at the University and graduated MB in 1893. He became a general practitioner in Douglas in Lanarkshire and for many years ran the Douglas Cottage Hospital, until its transfer to the National Health Service after the Second World War.
An energetic member of the British Medical Association, MacFeat served as the Chairman of the Scottish Committee and President of the Glasgow and West of Scotland branch. He was instrumental in the creation of the Miners' Rehabilitation Centre at Uddingston, for which service to the community he was awarded an OBE.
The Chapel's East windows were unveiled in May 1962 when the Principal Sir Hector Hetherington acknowledged the financial contributions made by the bequest of Professor Ritchie Girvan, to commemorate his brother John, and a gift from MacFeat and his brother Colonel PD MacFeat, to commemorate their late nephew, Professor George MacFeat Wishart.